Sunday, November 18, 2007

Loki...a white boxer



My girlfriend Rosemary, who lives in Chicago is adopting a rescue boxer named Loki. She emailed me the picture and I thought I'd surprise her with a watercolor painting of Loki for Xmas. I've never seen a white boxer before, but she looks like a sweetheart. Rosemary loves roses, so I added a collar of roses around Loki's neck. I plan to print out note cards to go along with the framed painting.

Carson 9 x 12 cold press watercolor block

Daniel Smith watercolors

2 comments:

DianeSchuller.com said...

very impressive and what a lovely thing to do for your friend. Some white boxers are deaf in one or both ears, do you know if Loki is deaf or deaf in one ear? They can still be trained and adjust very well.

Great to see you're a dog lover -- I have 3 dogs and feel I have my hands full -- bravo to you. Someone with 5 dogs has to be warm and giving person.

Diane, Sand to Glass
& Dogs Naturally

Unknown said...

Wow, what a beautiful portrayal of Loki. I have been watching Loki on the Boxer Rebound Website for years now, considering adopting her myself. I felt so bad for Loki, because I know people may be worried about owning a deaf dog. I currently have a white, deaf boxer and she is my heart. She is wonderful and smart. We taught her sign language and she is very intuitive.
I was just telling my friend yesterday about Loki, and how I had always considered adopting her. Today she sent me this link. Please tell Rosemary I am so happy for her and Loki. Rosemary made a wonderful choice and I'm sure Loki is grateful to finally "go home."
Jen