Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Italian word art journal

Since I'm going to Italy in June, I thought it might be a good idea to practice my Italian.  I got this really cool APP for my IPhone that  has most common words or phrases used and verbally tells you how to say the word.  I'm the type of student that needs to hear and see the words or phrases.  So to help me, I decided to make a illustrated  Italian word art journal with words I need to know.  My journal started out as a simple side bound journal with 20 sheets of  140lb watercolor sheets.  Then I used Janpanese decorative tape to cover the stitching.

So my first word is Gelato.  In my opinion, Italians seem to have the best gelato in the world.  I could live on the stuff.  I used watercolor by Daniel Smith, tombow markers, and a sharpie pen to outline the gelato and cone.

No comments: